Thursday 17 February 2011

Back on wheels

I went to training tonight! It was awesome!! It was so good to be back. I practised some transitions, and did some endurance with my iPod on. I can remember how to skate, which is reassuring.

My eyes are now superficially healed, meaning the blurriness has gone but the epithelium (protective top layer) isn't 100% stable yet. My vision is a freaking superpower now!! I am so happy and impressed, just like everyone else who has had it done seems to be. It wasn't all plain sailing though. The type of procedure you need to have if you do contact sport involves removing part of the epithelium to access the cornea for surgery, and letting it grow back naturally so that it is more stable. This is the bit that hurts. Quite a lot.

Lots of things have been going on since I last posted, so here's a little run-down:

Fundraiser

Wonderbrawl - We beat Birmingham Blitz Dames despite BB fouling out, Queen LaQueefah breaking her ankle and SianOfTheDead breaking her finger in 6 places! Go team!

First TBB tattoo!
Can't wait to see it finished, and neither can Sian. Good use of off-skate injury time.

No comments:

Post a Comment